Many people don’t have windows 7,8, 10 DVD, so they want to make USB bootable and write their windows in that pendrive.
Many people find it difficult to make USB bootable without software using CMD and some people don’t know which software to use to Make bootable pendrive for windows 7.
So, today I am going to show you all how can you make a bootable pendrive and then write windows 7 or 8 in it.
Making a pendrive bootable is really an easy task.
You can use a software or CMD to make your USB writable. Isn’t it good? Start reading the below topics to get to know how to make bootable USB, USB bootable with/without any software. .
Follow the steps given below if you want to know “How to Make Bootable USB”
How to Make a Bootable USB for Windows 7/8/XP
There are 2 methods you can use to Make bootable pendrive which are listed below. It’s upto you which one you’re going to use:-
- Making bootable usb using usb bootable software
- Making Bootable Pendrive using CMD
How to Make USB bootable using USB Bootable Maker Software
There is a software named Windows bootable maker that you can use to make your pendrive bootable for windows 7 or 8 easily.
Follow the steps given below to find out how to use windows bootable maker:-
- First of all, download windows bootable maker by clicking on this link
- After downloading USB bootable maker rar file, extract it anywhere on your pc.
- You will get a setup, Install it on your computer normally. You can comment below, if you get any problem
- After installing open Windwos 7,8 bootable maker in your PC. Be sure that you have plugged an USB of more than 8 GB.
- Open the software and select the pendrive.
- After that, find your ISO file of the windows in your pc and select it.
- After that click on Make usb bootable.
- That’s it, this is really easy. You will get it without screenshots
This is the quick method to make bootable pendrive using a software named USB/pendrive bootable maker easily.
How to Make Pendrive bootable using CMD
Do you know what is command prompt?
You can also use CMD to make bootable pendrive, but that is some bit complicated.
Follow the steps given below to make bootable pendrive using Command Prompt(CMD) easily:-
- Firstly open run by typing “Windows button+R” in windows 7,8 and in windows Xp to open run, click on start and then click on run on the left side
- In Run Box type “CMD”
- A black box will appear like given below:-
- In Command prompt type “DISKPART” and press enter. A new windows will appear
- In the new windows type “List disk” and press enter.
- Disk 1 has “7633 MB” storage. That is my 8 GB pendrive. Insert your pendrive. Let’s say your pendrive is “Disk 1″ then in next step type “Select Disk 1″ and press enter.
- After selecting Disk 1 type “Clean” and press enter.
- After cleaning, type “Create partition primary” and press enter.
- Then type “Select partition 1″ and enter.
- After that, type “format=fs ntfs quick”. Your pendrive will be formatted quickly with NTFS file system.
- Then type “active” and hit enter. That will make USB active as a bootable device
- After that type “Exit” and hit enter that will close CMD.
That’s it, you’re done. Your pendrive is bootable now.
Just copy the windows files and paste them in the pendrive and you can use the pendrive to install windows in any system.
If you have any doubts regarding making bootable pendrive then you can leave them in the comment section below and I will clear all your doubts related to making bootable USB or make bootable usb using ISO.